The newest additions to the Barceló Maya Grand Resort are now open.
The new-build, 850-key, adults-only Barceló Maya Riviera welcomed its first guests on December 15, 2019. At the same time, the resort unveiled the new 190,000-square-foot Barceló Maya Arena, the largest convention centre on Mexico’s Riviera Maya.
“We closed the year with multiple recognitions for the hard work and efforts by our Barceló Maya Grand Resort property team,” said Stefania Ballotta, director of sales and marketing at Barceló Maya Grand Resort. “We are confident this new all-inclusive, adults-only offering will elevate our property to new levels of service and offer an unmatched vacation experience for our guests.”
The new all-suite property is the sixth hotel in the resort complex, which also includes Barceló Maya Palace, Barceló Maya Beach, Barceló Maya Caribe, Barceló Maya Colonial and Barceló Maya Tropical. The development of it and the new convention centre confirms Barceló’s commitment to Mexico and its interest in boosting the market and promoting sustainable tourism. The Spanish hotel chain is now the third-largest foreign hotel company in Mexico, with a total of 22 hotels and 8,901 rooms.
The new property features:
- 850 suites with double or super king-sized beds, more than half of which offer ocean views;
- 110 swim-up suites;
- hot tubs on all guestroom balconies;
- minibars with free daily refills and snacks and drinks;
- L’Occitane en Provence amenities;
- a pool complex comprised of four pools, including a swim-up pool bar and the largest infinity pool in the area;
- four specialty restaurants serving a diverse range of cuisines (authentic Mexican, French fine dining, classic Italian) plus a Japanese/Nikkei restaurant with 10 teppanyaki tables and one robatayaki table for fireside cooking;
- five bars, including a poolside bar and exceptional lobby bar;
- artwork by Mexican artist Julie Sassón, on display throughout some of the resort’s main public spaces;
- and access to everything offered at the complex’s five other resorts—22 restaurants, 10 pools, three theatres, three water parks, a bowling alley, the new Ventura Fly & Ride Park, and more.
In addition, the Barceló Maya Arena can accommodate up to 8,000 attendees in its customizable, multi-purpose meetings and events space.
The resort is located 75 kilometers from Cancun International Airport and 20 kilometers from Playa del Carmen.