EIC Advance, a new virtual experience created by the Events Industry Council (EIC) to help MICE industry professionals recover and evolve from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, will feature more than 80 presenters and 60 sessions.
Being held online November 18-20, 2020, the event will highlight the industry’s advocacy efforts and the adaptations and innovations needed to bring it back to health. It will also reinforce EIC’s commitment to sustainability and an equitable future. Topics being covered include opportunities for action, upskilling and reskilling, and wellness.
“EIC’s new event is laser-focused on creating awareness of key issues and opportunities to advance our industry. We are looking forward to an experience that inspires a renewed commitment to collaboration and partnerships,” said Amy Calvert, CEO, Events Industry Council.
“This is the ideal time to launch EIC Advance and to make this high calibre education program available to the entire industry,” said Mark Cooper, EIC chair-elect and CEO, IACC. “The connections we foster through this year’s virtual event will lay the foundation for an even more robust gathering when we can meet in person again.
All events industry professionals are invited to the event and can register at eicadvance.org/Registration, which includes information about group rates and COVID-19 relief rates. Partnership opportunities are also available at eicadvance.org/Become-a-Partner.
Program highlights include:
- Keynotes by Derreck Kayongo, founder of the Global Soap Project, a Top 10 CNN Hero and former CEO of the National Center for Civil and Human Rights in Atlanta, Georgia (virtually co-located with the National Coalition of Black Meeting Professionals annual event); inclusion and diversity advocate Janet Stovall; and Peter Sheahan, business leader, innovative thinker and founder of Karrikins Group.
- An opening panel discussion on global advocacy for the events industry.
- APEX COVID-19 Business Recovery Task Force sessions.
- EIC and EIC’s Centre for Sustainability and Social Impact are partnering with the National Coalition of Black Meeting Professionals to co-develop sessions including a panel discussion (“Now that you know better, how are you doing better”) and a campfire session.
- A panel discussion with the World Health Organization and global organizations from adjacent industries, featuring a robust dialogue around Covid-19, reinforcing the industry’s commitment to the United Nation Sustainable Development Goals, principles for recovery, and collective consciousness.
- A presentation by UN Climate on the climate crisis.
- A closing session (“Reflections on Leadership”) hosted by members of the EIC Hall of Leaders.
- Global Award recognition highlights featuring EIC Hall of Leaders as well as two new award categories created to recognize extraordinary dedication and effort during this year of unprecedented disruption.