Hyatt Hotels Corporation plans to open 21 new luxury hotels and resort in Asia-Pacific by the end of 2020, boosting its portfolio in the region by 25 per cent.
The expansion is comprised of seven Park Hyatt branded properties, six hotels each under the Grand Hyatt and Andaz brands, and two Alila branded resorts.
“We are excited to expand our luxury portfolio in Asia Pacific, bringing more distinct experiences through the Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Andaz and Alila brands to destinations that matter most to our guests,” said Carina Chorengel, senior vice-president, Commercial, Asia Pacific, Hyatt. “As we expand our resort, lifestyle and wellbeing offerings, we will better cater to today’s increasingly diverse luxury travellers who seek greater personalization, whether they are travelling for business or leisure.”
Opening seven Park Hyatt hotels in under two years will be a significant milestone for Hyatt, which adds an average of one Park Hyatt property a year. The Andaz brand will double its footprint in Asia Pacific with new openings in major cities such as Seoul, Dubai and Shenzhen, alongside resort destinations such as Bali and Sanya and Xiamen in China.
The Alila brand will add two resorts in Malaysia and Oman next year. And, the Grand Hyatt brand will open properties in emerging cities in China, India, South Korea, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
“We see enormous potential to grow our luxury portfolio in Asia Pacific, which currently accounts for 40 per cent of Hyatt’s overall portfolio in the region,” said Patrick Finn, senior vice-president, real estate and development, Asia Pacific, Hyatt. “Hyatt has a distinct and differentiated strategy with each of our brands positioned at the high end of every segment in which we operate, and we are committed to expanding our brand footprint in major business cities, cultural destinations and leisure hot spots that resonate with developers, owners and guests.”
Planned openings in 2019 are:
- Andaz Dubai The Palm in the United Arab Emirates
- Andaz Gangnam Seoul in South Korea
- Grand Hyatt Al Khobar in Saudi Arabia
- Grand Hyatt Gurgaon in India
- Grand Hyatt Hefei in China
- Park Hyatt Auckland in New Zealand
- Park Hyatt Doha in Qatar
- Park Hyatt Jakarta in Indonesia
- Park Hyatt Kyoto in Japan
- Park Hyatt Shenzhen in China
Planned openings in 2020 are:
- Alila Dalit Bay in Malaysia
- Alila Hinu Bay in Oman
- Andaz Bali in Indonesia
- Andaz Sanya Sunny Bay in China
- Andaz Shenzhen in China
- Andaz Xiamen in China
- Grand Hyatt Jeju in Korea
- Grand Hyatt Kuwait in Kuwait
- Grand Hyatt Shenzhou Peninsula in China
- Park Hyatt Niseko, Hanazono in Japan
- Park Hyatt Suzhou in China